UPCOMING EVENTS (Last Update September 8, 2016)
Engineers’ Week Conference 2016
The annual Engineers’ Week conference addresses recent innovations and developments in engineering and related fields. It is a leading forum in Jamaica for academics, researchers, and practitioners from the Caribbean and the rest of the World.
The week of activities will take place from September 18 - 24, 2016 at the Knutsfords Court Hotel, Kingston, Jamaica. The theme of this year’s conference is “Engineering a Pathway to Resilience and Prosperity”.
Click for Conference 2016 Flyers
Next Annual General Meeting
to be held on
Thursday October 20, 2016 at 6pm.
**Check out JIE's August 2014 Newsletter **
**Check out JIE's March 2014 Newsletter **
2nd Quarterly Luncheon April 23, 2014 at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel at 12noon - "Celebrating Admin. Professionals' Week"
The Jamaica Institution of Engineers wishes to inform our Members and the General Public that our Office have relocated to 54 Molynes Road, Kingston 10 effective.The JIE apologizes for any inconvenience resulting from the organization’s relocation process.
New Telephone Numbers:
Lime: (876) 758-8248,758-5559
Fax: (876) 758 -7412.
JIE 1st Quarterly Luncheon - February 21, 2014.
The Jamaica Institution of Engineers (JIE) will be having its first major luncheon for the 2013/2014 council year on Friday February 21st, 2014 at the Knutsford Court Hotel beginning at 12:00 noon.
The overall theme for the 2013/2014 council year is ‘Engineering Change’ which is also the luncheon’s theme. This Luncheon is aimed at garnering the expertise of our Past Presidents and to get feedback from our members to help the JIE to have a successful future.
The cost per ticket is $3,500 and we invite you to partner with us in this endeavour by purchasing tickets for the event.
Should you require further information, please contact the JIE secretariat at Tel: 758 – 5559, Fax: 758 - 7412.
We look forward to your participation.
Seminar: “Intermittent Generation - Implications for the Operation of the Grid”
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014
Time: 6 - 8pm
Topics to be explored:
1. The current situation with a description of the current contracted generation and how this supports the Government's scenario which meets the Government's 2020 renewable target.
2. The current operational issues that are being experienced in Jamaica during periods of high wind & solar irradiance with low demand.
3. Insights gained as to what the next few years will bring as we ‘Connect and Manage’
4. What is required for safe and secure operation of the 'grid' in 2020’.
5. Possible benefits of Smart Grids and Smart Networks in assisting in the delivery of safe, secure and economic management of the transmission and distribution system
Presenter: Ms. Dionne Nugent, Head – Engineering and Transmission Planning, JPS
Venue: School of Engineering Conference Room at University of Technology (UTECH).
Kindly confirm your attendance to the presentation so the necessary arrangements can be made for your accommodation.
Should require further information,
please contact the JIE office.